Everyone goes through the same process before they make a purchase. Here we will explain the process we all go through as we decide what we will buy, and the best way to connect with customers at each step along the way.
The 5 steps to customers journey:
What is the awareness stage?This is when customers begin to realize they have a problem and begin researching the symptoms and causes of this problem. What are the best practices to connect with customers at this stage?
- Focus on providing knowledge to the consumer
- Avoid putting pressure on customers
- Introduce customers to your business’ values
What is the consideration stage?The customer has clearly identified their problem and now is considering different methods of resolving it. What are the best practices to connect with customers at this stage?
- Focus on creating content that establishes your brand as trustworthy
- Share insights that showcase how your brand can solve the customer’s issue effectively and better than the competition
- Monitor reviews across websites to identify consumer issues, and to see how well you and your competitors are solving the consumer’s problems
What is the decision stage?When the consumer evaluates their options and chooses the one that fits their needs best. What are the best practices to connect with customers at this stage?
- Use conversion-focused content such as offering a demo
- Utilize comparison charts filled with pros and cons for using your product/service versus the competition’s
- Answer any lingering questions
- Easiest to do with datasheets, photos, prices, options, warranty shipping information, product literature, FAQs, and reports
- There should be no question about what your product/service delivers at this point.
Interested in marketing to consumers effectively at every stage?
Give us a call or book an appointment today! (877) 730-1299
What is the retention stage?Here the consumer has already purchased from us, and we want to make sure we delight them and keep them coming back to us to solve their need. What are the best practices to connect with customers at this stage?
- Create retargeting campaigns that offer customers discounts for remaining loyal
- Personalize messaging, use first names and focus on making the consumer feel acknowledge and valued
- Communicate with your customers often on social media
- Respond when tagged in posts, respond to comments on your posts, host giveaways every once in awhile
What is the advocacy stage?This is when customers become so satisfied with your brand that they tell their friends, generating the most powerful type of marketing: word of mouth! What are the best practices to connect with customers at this stage?
- Offer incentives for bringing in friends to your brand
- Ensure you meet customer needs
- Establish yourself as a partner, not a vendor
- Do not just help consumers solve problems with your product, direct them towards complimentary products that can solve more of their pain points.
- The more convenience you provide, the more advocates you will generate!